#inden {text-indent: 25px }

Sunday, January 15, 2017

Draft 1: Managing the Air and Anxiety

I wash my hands after using the toilet. Does the bathroom smell like lavender? I chose an air freshener with a lavender scent because it's supposed to be calming. My daughter suffers from anxiety, and I want home to be as calming for her as possible. But it doesn't seem to smell of anything. I guess if it neutralizes unseemly odors, I won't resent spending five bucks on it.

I didn't grow up with even the spray-can type because we were poor and I was happy to have toilet paper and feminine hygiene products consistently. Now in the make-the-air-fresh section, you can find solid, spray, warm-em-up, and constant release. Plus, twist-open containers designed to look vaguely like objects d'art while scrubbing stink from the air.

Is there a video of operations online? YouTube shows everything, a boon to the ignorant and anxious.

Are you thinking by now that my daughter might get her anxiety from me?

I wash my hands in the powder room, but go to the kitchen to get a paper towel to dry them. This stems from reading an article decades ago documenting that flushing the toilet spreads microscopic grossness far and wide in a bathroom. I am never telling my daughter that.

[research: lavender, aromatherapy, memories & smells, flushing, amount people spend on air fresheners, where lavender grows]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home