#inden {text-indent: 25px }

Friday, August 15, 2008

CNF's Bits of String

Today I looked out my kitchen's side window and noted a new spider web. Not one of those beautiful-with-the-dew-clinging-to-it webs. No, this is the work of some kind of spider that makes its webs the way I tend house, resulting in a big ol' sloppy mess. I repress a shudder at the thought of spiders, sigh when I remember that I'd noticed a web developing on our front-door wreath too, and hope my husband will dismantle them before I see one of their occupants.

There's probably an essay in these morning musings--something about dwellings or phobias or times when sloppiness and procrastination turn out OK--but what I've got isn't even a story yet. It's not even a real scene. It's a moment. I think of such a moment as a bit of string. You add it to a ball of moments, and one day something may be woven from it. Patience is important.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home