#inden {text-indent: 25px }

Monday, June 05, 2006

New Book Reviewer

And this just in from Publishers Lunch (see previous post): The Chicago Sun-Times has a new book reviewer, Cheryl Reed. Her introductory column is so welcoming: "I'm hoping . . . to celebrate good books whether they have a high profile or none at all. I want to highlight good storytelling, not just beautiful language, but books that enthrall and captivate, that keep you up at night poring over their pages." That's us!

She also says, "Over the years, I've become a fan of a number of writers. Some of them are household names--Tom Wolfe, Bill Bryson, Barbara Kingsolver, Margaret Atwood and Susan Orlean. Others are less well-known--Kathleen Norris, Tracy Kidder, George Howe Colt, and Jane Hamilton. Discovering a new writer is like making a new friend." I want her to be my friend!


She also says she'll increase the number of nonfiction books she reviews and books by Midwestern writers.

category: reading

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Super color scheme, I like it! Keep up the good work. Thanks for sharing this wonderful site with us.
»

7:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmm I love the idea behind this website, very unique.
»

6:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home